Your preparation for an assignment at Hope & Wonder
Preparation is the key…
…for your sustainable and successful volunteering with Hope & Wonder.
You have never been to Tanzania or even to the African continent?
You want to know more about the country, its people and get used to everyday life?
You want to support Hope & Wonder, but you also want to personally develop and get the most out of your stay?
Then join our preparation workshop!
Experience has shown that with a good preparation you will find it easier to settle in and enjoy your stay at Hope & Wonder more.
How is the workshop structured?
The workshop is an online workshop and takes place during a period of several weeks. This makes you locationwise independent and allows you to organize your time as freely as possible.
We start with an individual get-to-know-each-other conversation via Zoom.
The actual workshop consists of three self-study modules with different a:ctivities and three Zoom sessions in the group.
If you wish, we can add a fourth Zoom session together with your parents.
Before and during your stay at Hope & Wonder I will be at your side for further questions and with advice and support.
Contents of the workshop
- We clarify what it means to be a volunteer at Hope & Wonder.
- You get to know Hope & Wonder, the team and your tasks.
- You learn more about the country, the people and the culture of Tanzania.
- We talk about possible challenges in the daily life of the project, but also about the important topic of safety.
- You exchange ideas with former volunteers.
- We discuss organizational issues such as visas, insurances, health care…
- You reflect on your own motivation and goals for your assignment.